As some of you know, we had a paper problem in China the 1st week in June. We sent off the letter changes and have been quietly praying and trusting that God would take care of us and Nyah. We did hear that China received the letter and thought it looked OK. We are now waiting for the final approval letter. Once we have that we will need to sign and notarize that yes we still want this child. That letter will be sent back to China and we will wait a couple more weeks to get Travel approval. Once we have this we will need to have our agency set up a consulate appointment. We are then able to make travel plans. All this said, it is any ones guess as to when we will go. I am still praying for July. You can see with all the paperwork process to go that it will be a huge act of God for us to go in July. I will still trust that God knows all that needs to happen.
Keep praying for us,
Melody
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Garage Sale Results
We had a great couple of garage Sales. We had one a couple of weeks ago on a VERY rainy day. We still made $200.00 on that day. This last weekend, 20th and the 21st we made exactly $600.00. Wow! We still have so much stuff that we are thinking that we need to have one more garage sale. We hope to do it in CDA. We will see.
THANK YOU everyone who donated. It made a difference. If you would like to see what our current ballance is, you can look at the post that says Finance Breakdown.
We are still waiting to hear from China about our paper work. Please pray for God's guidance and a peace at what ever comes.
Thank you again for all your help.
THANK YOU everyone who donated. It made a difference. If you would like to see what our current ballance is, you can look at the post that says Finance Breakdown.
We are still waiting to hear from China about our paper work. Please pray for God's guidance and a peace at what ever comes.
Thank you again for all your help.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Garage Sale Fundraiser
We are working hard raising the funds for Nyah's adoption. We will be having a garage sale on Saturday June 6th and on June 20th and 21st. We have been given many donations from friends, family and strangers. Thank you! If you want to track the fundraising and how it is going, please feel free to look down at the financial post for up to date information.
Please continue to pray. That is our greatest need right now. We are having some paperwork issues with China and we are praying that God takes care of these issues quickly. We truly believe that this is our little girl and we want to bring her home.
Thank you!
Please continue to pray. That is our greatest need right now. We are having some paperwork issues with China and we are praying that God takes care of these issues quickly. We truly believe that this is our little girl and we want to bring her home.
Thank you!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Nyah is safe!
As most of you have heard, China is in turmoil with the recent earthquakes. I did want to let you know that she is not in that area but is way east of there. She is not having any problems with the foot and mouth disease China has been talking about. She is also not anywhere near Myramar. It is crazy over there!
We are praying for all of the families over there.
We have also heard that China is changing the requirements for adoption daily. It will be crazy. They are also changing visa and entrance of tourists due to the Olympics. We are resting in God and trusting that all will happen in His time. We are praying for mid to late July.
We are praying for all of the families over there.
We have also heard that China is changing the requirements for adoption daily. It will be crazy. They are also changing visa and entrance of tourists due to the Olympics. We are resting in God and trusting that all will happen in His time. We are praying for mid to late July.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
LOG IN DATE!
We got our Log in Date! This means that China is processing our paper work. It was logged in on April 21st. It usually takes 3 to 4 months from this time. We are praying for a July date. Please pray with us for this date.
Please pray for us. China is making major changes to the adoption process. Difficulties are coming daily. We did find out that had we not started when we did we probably would not get to adopt another baby in China. God does do miracles.
We continue to trust daily that what God started, He will finish.
Please pray for us. China is making major changes to the adoption process. Difficulties are coming daily. We did find out that had we not started when we did we probably would not get to adopt another baby in China. God does do miracles.
We continue to trust daily that what God started, He will finish.
Monday, April 21, 2008
New Pictures of Nyah
We were given the great gift of new pictures of Nyah and a 10 minute video of Nyah. Our agent rencently went to China to set up good relations with Nyah's province and the orphanage there. We did learn that Nyah is living in a foster care system that is farely new. The woman caring for Nyah is living in the building on a upper level. She has Nyah and another little girl. Both girls are close in age. The other little girl is being adopted by someone in Spokane. Such a great gift.
Nyah is doing well and seems to be well loved. Her hand is more severe than we had anticipated. It is short and curled at the end. We will be contacting Shriners as soon as we get Nyah home.
We eagerly await the time that we get to go.
Our paperwork is now in China. We are waiting for a log in date. It will take approximately 3 months from that time. God willing it will be end of July that we will be able to go. If that is not the case we will probably go end of August early September.
Please pray for us as we wait and work to raise money for the adoption.
Saturday, February 9, 2008
For updates on Emma
Nyah has a big sister named Emma. Her blog is http://tohelpemmafly.blogspot.com
She can't wait to play with Nyah. She calls her Nina.:)
She can't wait to play with Nyah. She calls her Nina.:)
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)