Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Update on Joy!

Just wanted to let everyone know how Joy's heart surgery went yesterday. She is Nyah's foster sister that was adopted by a wonderful family in Spokane.


Hello friends and family,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!! Joy's surgery went very well. As the surgeon said, there were no surprises. She has had some internal bleeding but that now seems to be subsiding. The breathing tube came out wihin a few hours and her vitals have remained stable. She was flailing alot and grabbing at the many tubes, etc. coming out of her so her arms had to be slightly restrained, but she also seemed to be resting better. By evening she even wanted a bottle of apple juice and wanted to hold it herself. This is a good time for her to be bit a bit strong willed and stubborn. Tonight she is resting
very well and is calm; she has really turned the corner. I expect that by sun-up she will be even more alert and aware. We anticipate another day or two in PICU and then another couple of days in the pediatric area before going home.

Again thank you for your prayers!!! Joy was well covered and we are very grateful for God's mercy and compassion for each of us.

Blessings to you all,
Jim and Megan

Monday, September 15, 2008

Travel Dates!

Hello Everyone,
Here are our travel dates and itinerary as of this time.

We leave Spokane Airport at 11:50.
We fly to Seattle,
To Japan
To Beijing.
We then stay the night at a hotel close by.
We get up the next morning (early) and go back to the airport.
We then fly in to Zhengzhou on the 12th.
We should have an afternoon to rest.
The 13th is the projected gotch ya day. This may or may not be the plan. Often they bring the child a few hours after you arrive, like they did Emma.
We will let you know the itinerary when we get the rest of the details.
We are coming back to the states on October 23rd.

Should be exciting!
Unfortunately we will be missing Jeremy's birthday and be there for Nyah's birthday. I have been having a hard time with this. I had to choose one child for the other this year. Jeremy of course is fine about it, but mom is not.

We can't wait to go at this point. We will be holding our little girl in 4 weeks.

Please Pray for us as we finalize all the final trip plans, kid's agenda's and ...

Melody

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Nyah's Foster Sister To have Heart Surgery


Hello Everyone,

Much to tell you... but, we will wait till later in the week. I wanted to let everyone know that Nyah's Foster sister, Joy is having heart surgery on the 15th. She has a hole in her heart. I am not sure of all the details but could you all pray for her and her new family. I can't imagine how difficult it will be for them. Pray that all goes well and that Joy will be running around laughing soon. She is now living in Spokane Valley with her newly adopted family. Nyah will love living so close to her..

Thanks,

Melody

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Final Financial Breakdown!

As stated below, we are giving you the opportunity to watch God move. We have asked that a baby shower not be given. Nyah needs a home and the money that you would spend on a gift can help us do that faster. Any money that would have gone to a baby shower or gift would be appreciated in helping bring Nyah home.

If you choose to participate in this financial way please send donations to:directly to us. We are no longer able to do the Small World account. They had changes due to IRS regulations. If you need mailing information contact us at emlund6@hotmail.com.

We will keep this blog updated. Any money given will be saved in a separate account and used only for the adoption.

Thank you my friends and family for your prayers, support and the love that you give to these girls. Lives are being changed and you get to participate!

Love the Lund's Funding needed to bring Nyah home:

****This is the budget set by our agency. We are unable to cut costs to a lower amount. Costs may be higher based on airfair in the US.

1st Half
Application Fee $250.00
Small Worlds Fees $4,300.00
Homestudy $600.00
Passports $194.00 (Paid for at Emma's Adoption)
Passport Pictures $24.00
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services Fee $830.00
Health Reports $1,000.00Birth Certificates $80.00 (Paid for during last adoption)
Marriage License $45.00 (Paid for during last adoption)
Dossier Certification, Registration, Translation and Shipping and Handling
$2,200.00

Total 1st Half
$9,513.00

2nd Half of the Adoption:

Visa's
Eric's -$150.00 Paid for by dear friends who have gone this journey before. Thank You!
Melody's $150.00 Paid for by S&N R.

US Flights to and from China ($2,600)
Eric's
To China $600.00 J & K P
Coming From China $500.00 J &K P

Coming From China $200 J&K P

Melody's
To China $600.00 J & K P Thank You
From China $500.00 J & K P
From China $200 J&K P
Nyah's Lap Fare $150.00 J & P K Thank You so much!

Henan Province Expenses ($1890.00)
Hotel Expenses The hotels are set by the agency to assure our safety
1st Hotel in Zhengzhou, Henan
Day 1 $105.00 J & K P
Day 2 $105.00 J & K P
Day 3 $105.00 J & K P
Day 4 $105.00 J & K P
Day 5 $105.00 JP Thank You
Day 6 $105.00 JP Thank You

Local Guide Fee's
$80.00 Keep the Change Savings
$40.00 L. B. Thank You

Required Tips for Guide
$40.00 S& L K Thank You!
$20.00 Plasma
required Tips for Driver
$20.00 Plasma
$10.00 Keep the change

Local Trips, Tickets, Transportation$400.00
JP Thank You
Trip to Orphanage (3 hours away)$150.00
JP
Flight to Guangzhou
Eric's $200.00 JP
Melody's $200.00 JP
Nyah's $100.00 JP

Guangzhou Province Expenses total ($1230.00)
2nd hotel in Guangzhou ($675.00)
Day 7 $128.00 Nixon's Thank you! (128)
Day 7 $7.00 Keep the Change
Day 8 $135.00 JP
Day 9 $135.00 JP
Day 10 $135.00 JP
Day 11 $135.00 JP

Local Transportation Cost, Tours, Guide:
$480.00 L.B Thank You

Required TipsGuangzou Driver
$25.00 Doing Hair
Guangzhou Guide
$25.00 A H. (Eric's Uncle) Thank you!
$25.00 J&J F Thank You

Food for 10 Days
Day 1 $35.00 Dad Doing a Funeral

Day 2 $35.00 JP
Day 3 $30.00 JP
Day 4 $20.00 JP

$20.00 L.B.

Day5 $35.00 L.B
Day 6 $25.00 L.B
$10.00 Hair
Day 7 $35.00 J& J F Thank You
Day 8 $20.00 M&M C Collected Change
$10.00 Shades of Us
$5.00 Mike and Lesley
Day 9 $35.00 Mike andLesley
Day 10 $35.00 Hair

Orphanage Fees This includes Orphanage fees, travel for caregivers, paperwork transfer, adoption fees...
Orphanage Fee: $3000.00
$500.00 Tax Credit
$500.00 Tax Credit
$500.00 Boat Sale
$500.00 B & B P Thank You, I love you!
$500.00 B & B P Thank You, I love you!
$200.00 B & B P Thank You!
$300.00 J & K P Thank You

Chinese Civil Affairs Fee)
This includes: Chinese Adoption paper work, passport for Nyah, paperwork, notaries, police paperwork. ($824.00)
$100.00 R &D P. Thank you so much!
$30.00 Cleaning House
$100.00 M&M C Thank You!
$30.00 Clean House
$100.00 Doing Hair
$20.00 Keep the change savings
$100.00 Savings (Keep the Change)
$10.00 Frank & Libby and Family
$64.00 Frank & Libby and Family
$100.00 Frank & Libby and Family
$200.00 Garage Sale

Visa Costs for Nyah:Medical Check-up
$40.00 Plasma
$8.00 Keep the Change
$15.00 Jordan Lund

Visa Picture $12.00 Megan Forster

Visa ($400.00)
$ 400.00 L. B. Thank You

Chinese Liaison Fee
$1,000.00 Junk Family Grant
$500.00 JP
$300.00 J J F Thank You
$100.00 House Cleaning/Errands
$100.00 Garage Sale
$500.00 S & L D Thank You!
$500.00 Garage Sale

Total 2nd Half of Adoption$12,324.00

Approximate Total of adoption$21,837.00

New Balance:$0.00

With a Full Heart!

I begin this message with a heart full of awe! God has provided the full $22,000.00 for Nyah's adoption. I want to sing at the top of my lungs "How Can I Keep From Praising His Name?"

We received out Travel Approval on Tuesday, September 2. This was quick! We should be getting our Consulate Appointment tomorrow.

I found out that some family of ours has put in the final amount of money that we needed to bring Nyah home. They told us that if anyone wants to put in anymore money they won't turn it down if we give it to them, but that we do not need to pay them back. This comes the night before we have to make travel arrangements. As usual, God is never late, but is not always early. He wants us to trust Him with all our heart and soul.

I began this day with two feelings. One, I was scared out of my mind. I felt that I was standing on the edge of a cliff and jumping. Either I was jumping to my death or into the hands of God.
I was thinking about how we were going to come up with the final $4,800.00, how was I going to be a mom of 4 children, how was I going to do my job, how, how, how... The second feeling that I was experiencing was total excitement. I couldn't wait to get my hands on that little girl and make her smile, laugh and feel the love that God wants her to know.

I prayed that God would show me the way and how I am supposed to make it. We have jumped and there is no going back. And LOOK WHAT GOD HAS DONE!!!

I pray that I will never doubt again. I pray that our story only inspires others to jump off the cliff into God's safe hands.

Please know that God has orchestrated this from the beginning. We have no doubt that God wants Nyah to be ours. My dad reminded me that God not only provided $22,000 for Nyah's adoptions but $22,000 for Emma's as well. In less than two years God provided $44,000.00 for Nyah and Emma to have a home. This is not a human task, this is a God task.

I love you all and thank you with all of my heart.

I will attach the final financial breakdown, so that you can see how God provided.

Melody

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New Pictures of Nyah

Nyah and Joy
There cribs were right across from each other
and they had the same foster mom.






Well here we go. We had an exciting weekend. We received our Letter of Acceptance on Friday. On Monday I went into the adoption agency with the signed acceptance letter. While I was there it was determined that we could have two possible dates of travel. One is October 3 -15. That would be fabulous and we could be home for both Jeremy and Nyah's birthday. The problem is that there is a trade show in Guangzhou. This makes hotel rooms limited available. It starts on October 14th. HMMMMM. God is gonna have to work on this date.




The more possible date is leaving on October 10th and returning on October 24th. The problem with this date is that Nyah will turn two while we are there. We will then have to pay extra on the hotel and flights for Nyah because she will be over two. This will add $900.00 to the trip.




Hmmm. Again God will have to work on this as well.




While at the agency Janell (one of our agents) called a family that lives in Spokane. They adopted Nyah's foster sister. We went over to her house and received pictures of Nyah. We are also going to get video. It was awesome.




We found out that Nyah is living in an orphanage. We thought it was a foster home. The nanny who has been with the girls since Nyah got there, spends the days with the girls and goes home at night. The girls are very close. I can't wait to get to know this family and let the girls grow up together.




We are so excited. Please pray as we try to raise the final funds and pray for God's timing in going to get our little one.


Thursday, August 14, 2008

LOA is HERE!!!!

It is official! We are now the proud parents of Nyah Hope Lund. We got word today that our LOA (Letter of Acceptance) has arrived. This means that China has approved us and we are now officially Nyah's parents. We will sign and send the appropriate paper work on Monday. We should receive Travel Approval within 2 weeks. It looks like we will not get to go until October (Late).

This is such a blessing and reassuring thing to know that we are now official. God is so good. October is a better time for Melody's job. Now we have to get busy and pack, send for Visa's, get paperwork ready, shop...
So many things to do.

Pray for us as we try to finish getting ready for a little person to join our family.
Mel