Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Demands/God's Reply

I began to explain to God why I wasn't ready. I also told God that He was going to have to take care of all our concerns and make it very clear.
I set about placing roadblocks that needed to be taken care of by God.
  • Eric would have to approve (I went home and told him about the agent calling. He was excited and said “Yes, let’s take a look at her”).
  • The family with the file would have to reject the baby. (They chose not to take her).
  • The kids would have to agree (They were all for it).
  • I would have to have job security since I only signed a one year contract (I had a job review, without asking, and was told they wanted me next year).
  • Eric would have to get a raise (He had a review, without asking, and got a raise).
  • My child care would have to agree to take another child so young (They were thrilled).
  • Jeremy’s insurance refused to cover his $13,000.00 surgery. I told God He would have to take care of it. (We received word that there was a coding error and we do not have to pay anything).
  • Due to my job we would have to go get her in the summer (We should be going in July).
  • God was going to have to provide the money for the adoption (Yet to happen, but I now no longer have doubts).


All of this happened in 1 Week!
What would you do? We decided YES this is our little girl!

No comments: