Monday, October 13, 2008

Nyah's sleeping!

Hello Everyone,


It is 2 a.m. in the morning and I can't sleep. Probably because I fell asleep at 7:30 with Nyah. She is such a cute little thing. She is smaller than Emma and does not run around like a wild woman, as Emma does. I hope that as she becomes more accustom to us she will allow herself to play more. I remember Emma didn't come out of her shell until after 3 days and then a little at a time over the following year.

Nyah is very quiet. She watches things around her. She likes to be held and cuddled. Wow, imagine that! Emma likes to give you a hug and run off. Nyah spent an hour playing with her build a cups last night. I was surprised how long they could keep her attention.


While we were waiting in the van she played with all of her toys on her lap. She loves her purple bunny. It plays music when you push it's belly. Whenever it would stop she would look at me and say "mama". So, I push it again. So cute! She also loved her doll (we got Emma the same one at home). Nyah feeds it water from her tippy cup.
Man, oh man, can she eat! She reminds me of Elli, in that, she opens her mouth like a bird wanting to be fed. She doesn't expect to be fed though. She just waits until you feed her with this look in her eye that is so sad. All of the paperwork says that she is a happy little girl. It also said, several times, how much she likes water and has a temper. It is so funny, if you hand her something she doesn't want she gives a quick decisive shove with her hand. And yes, she does seem to have a stubborn streak in her. That is good, she'll fit right in with her dad. :)

Today we are going to get adoption papers, birth certificate and abandonment papers. I hope that we can get Nyah her first McDonald's experience as well.

Well, I am going to try to go back to bed. Nyah has slept through the night, so far. She is such a sweet little thing. She hasn't drank very much and therefore has not had many wet diapers. I almost wonder if she was potty trained. I guess we'll need to figure that out today.

Love you all,

Melody


No comments: